Good morning MTI Family,
At McDougle Technical Institute the health and safety of you, our students, employees and our communities are always our top priority.
While the cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) are currently minimal in our area, we want to assure you that we are closely monitoring the situation and implementing precautions consistent with guidance from the CDC and WHO, and it’s possible impact on our school community.
As of this time, classes are set to continue as scheduled however the school salon will be closed to the public until further notice.
As we review the guidance shared by government health officials around the world and while the situation remains dynamic, as of today, the CDC has placed five (5) countries on Level 2 or Level 3 travel alerts:
The CDC has recommended travel restrictions for the following locations:
- China, Iran, Italy, Japan, and South Korea.
This list will be updated here as locations are added or removed as areas of concern. We are using the following CDC website to obtain the most current updates: Visit: CDC.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/
- CDC guidelines for travelers returning to the United States from these countries currently states, “travelers should stay home for 14 days after returning to the United States and practice social distancing.” Please know that self-quarantine would apply to students and employees in our community and include staying home from school and work.
- We are eager to help any students in quarantine circumstances with distance learning.
If you or your family have recently traveled to any of the countries on the restricted list and:
- Have a fever, cough and/or difficulty breathing:
Call your doctor immediately and do not come to school (MTI should be notified of your absence). You will be asked to provide medical clearance from your doctor before you may return to school.
- Have NO symptoms:
Please notify MTI to discuss the best plan to ensure that you are cleared to return to class.
If you or a family member made the decision to travel to one of the aforementioned countries or via cruise ship, we ask that you self-report to MTI to plan for a safe return to school.
We will continue to monitor this situation, and post updates on the steps we are taking to protect you and how you can protect yourself on myMTI.mti.edu and via email when necessary.
PLEASE take simple preventive measures, as recommended by health officials.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. McDougle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mrs. Octavia McDougle